Friday, March 10, 2006

The Ghost of Hospital Bills Past

This can't be happening. I have a client who was sent to collections for a medical debt. She called me in a panic and sent me the notice from the CA (collection agency). I called them, sent in my HIPAA, and faxed a notice of immediate dispute, requesting a validation of the debt.

A few hours later I am finally able to speak with a supervisor about it. It seems the CA bought the debt, sent out the notice, but has no paperwork on it - that won't be available for another month. So my dispute is, ummmm, unable to be posted because there is no place to post it - the paperwork hasn't arrived. And they won't send me a notice that I have placed it in dispute; which means that if 30 day passes it could go directly on her credit report.

But this is the best part: it's from 1996!! $522 from ten years ago. New York Hospital must be cleaning the closets.

Crossposted at http://www.signalhealth.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home